Tolerance study for Functional Design
This two day training session is designed to provide insight into tolerance chains for anyone who comes into contact with product development.Request more information
The objective of this training session is to give drafters and product developers an understanding of tolerances and their consequences on their products. This training is highly practical and is designed primarily to provide detailed understanding.
By the end of the two-day training session, participants will:
- Have an understanding of the dimensional and functional relationships in systems and components
- Be able to control tolerance risks and eliminate them structurally
- Be able to convert geometrical tolerancing into tolerance studies
- Be able to apply statistics in tolerance studies
- Make assumptions in a design, draw conclusions based on tolerance stackup results and optimise these
The training is designed for anyone who comes into contact with product development, and preferably who has already taken the course on geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- CD with Tolerance Stack-up spreadsheet in MS Excel 2013
- Maximum of 8 participants per session, in order to promote class discussion and interaction.
- The client will provide a projector and whiteboard.
- The training can be given in either Dutch or English.
- After completion, each participant will receive a certificate.
Contents of the training
- Importance of tolerance analysis, have a view on tolerances
- Basic geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Have an understanding on tolerance zones and reference systems
- 1D vector diagram on workpiece and assembly
- Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing in a stack-up
- Assumptions in a tolerance analysis
- Basics in statistics
- Statistics in tolerance analysis
Points of attention in stack-ups
- Trigonometry, assembly shift
- Practical exercises
Do you have questions about this course? Fill out our form.